Having a great product or service isn't enough. You need to get the word out and make sure your target market knows who you are and what you have to offer. That's why digital marketing for small businesses is so important. In this no-nonsense guide, we'll reveal the best ways to grow your small business with digital marketing. No jargon or buzzwords - just 10 proven tactics that work. Let's get started.
What Is Digital Marketing?
Digital marketing is advertising and messaging delivered through digital channels such as search engines, websites, social media, email, and mobile apps. Each channel gives your business a chance to get in front of the right audience.
Traditional marketing encompasses TV, billboards, print magazines or newspapers, signage and brochures.
Digital marketing, on the other hand, uses an entirely different set of tools. It's an approach that can combine both organic and paid marketing methods to drive more traffic to your website and increase conversions.
Why Digital Marketing For Small Businesses Is Important
Technology has created a vast marketplace with many channels to reach your target audience. Even if you don't sell products online, you need a solid digital marketing plan to get your message out and attract
prospects to your business. Digital channels and technologies provide enormous growth opportunities.
Your target market uses digital channels to find solutions, search for products, and buy things. Digital marketing helps you reach the right audiences affordably and measurably.
10 Proven Digital Marketing Tactics For Small Businesses
- 1. Own Your Online Presence With a Website
- 2. Claim Your Google Business Profile
- 3. Improve Your Google Ranking With SEO
- 4. Use Paid Advertising To Get Faster Results
- 5. Use Content Marketing To Connect With Customers
- 6. Prioritise the Social Media Platforms Your Customers Use
- 7. Convert and Retain Customers With Email Marketing
- 8. Make Digital Customer Service a Priority
- 9. Take Your Small Business Global
- 10. Measure and Optimise Your Campaigns